GST E-Way Bill: Major Relief – 8TH March 2018
The government has announced major relief in the E Way Bill Rules in its decision on 8th March 2018, with key points as below:-
- Limit of Rs. 50,000/- for E Way Bill to be applied to Individual Consignment and not on the Total Value of Consignment in a Vehicle.
- Rs. 50,000/- Limit will be calculated after reducing the value of Exempted Goods if any in an Invoice.
- Vehicle details are not required on E Way Bill for Intra State movement of good to 50 Kms (earlier 10 Kms)
- Job Workers can also generate E Way Bill for Inter-State movement of Goods.
- Mandatory requirement for production of E Way Bill (wherever applicable) at the time of delivery by Railways to plug leakage from transportation through Railways.
These changes will be a major relief for E-Commerce companies, Transport Agencies, Courier Companies and Small Businesses.
Latest posts by Certicom Consulting (see all)
- Time, Place and Value of Supply for good services under GST - August 14, 2018
- GST Procedure - August 13, 2018
- Income Tax Department Portal – Login & Registration Guide - August 11, 2018