1. The requirement for registration of individual persons in the income tax portal
Before registering for the Income Tax portal, you must provide the following information:
- Valid PAN
- Relevant Mobile Number
- Relevant Address
- Valid Email-ID, preferably yourself
2. The process of registration of the Income Tax Administration Web Site
Step 1: View the Income Tax section portal
On the home page of the government portal, click the ‘Register yourself‘ button at the top right of the page.
Step 2: Select User Type
Once you have clicked this button, you will be taken to a registration form that requires you to choose your user type.
Step 3: Enter your Basic Details
Step 4: Complete the registration form
The following information is required in the registration form:
- Password information
- Contact information
- Current Address.
On correctly entering all the details, click on submit.
Step 5: Verification
After submitting the completed form properly, a six-digit Time Zone (OTP) will be sent to your mobile phone number and e-mail address. To validate the details, OTP should be entered correctly.
It should be noted that OTP for non-residents is sent only to a registered e-mail address.
The CTP will expire 24 hours after the actual receipt. After that registration process was completed. If the registration process does not complete within 24 hours, all registrations should be restarted.
3. Income Tax Department Introduction to E-Filing
Step 1: Visit the Income Tax Department’s home page
You must go to the government portal’s homepage to access the Indian income tax login page. For registered users there, you will see a box on the right side, which has the ‘Leave Entry’ button.
Step 2: Enter your data
When you click this button, you will be taken to the login page where your username and income tax login password will be included.
Please note that your User Account Number for Your Income Tax Account is Your Resident Account.
If there is an e-file in Certicom Consulting, do not worry about your income tax login information? You can easily sign in using your Google account.
Complete your E-branch for FREE Guide with Certicom Consulting
- Certicom Consulting makes it easy for your IT to E-File
- E-Filing takes only a few minutes
- Our experts will help you live chat and email
Latest posts by Certicom Consulting (see all)
- Time, Place and Value of Supply for good services under GST - August 14, 2018
- GST Procedure - August 13, 2018
- Income Tax Department Portal – Login & Registration Guide - August 11, 2018